3.17.2014

Melon and Mural

Coat, Clutch and Sunnies: H&M // Blouse and Shoes: Zara // Jeans: Old Navy // Belt: Target // Jewelry: H&M, Mango, Forever 21, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Vintage

I wear melon today to preliminarily welcome Spring, which will officially be here in 3 days. Do we have a countdown yet? I am loving the warm sunny weather and the long days. It means more time to get more things done. In that spirit, I paired my oversize coat with my slouchy boyfriend jeans to run errands around town.

I passed by this beautiful mural so often and thought I'd share it with all of you today. I figure it matches my colorful outfit. A little bit of history - this beautiful mural consists of 5 panels which are 25′ high and approximately 90′ across. It was designed by Louis Macouillard and set by Alphonso Pardinas in glass tile in the 1960s. The mural tells the story of A.P. Giannini, the founder of Bank of America, then known as Bank of Italy, and the Bank's early days. Construction is one of the industry the bank serves. So here I am, posing with this gentleman in yellow safety hat. I also found more story on the mural from an eBay collector. Click here if you're also a history junkie like me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...