3.02.2014

My Top 5 Oscars Red Carpet Looks

Like most of you, I spent my Sunday night tuning to the Oscars. There are so many great movies I want to watch now. In the meantime, there were also so many great star-studded red carpet styles. I picked my top 5 favorites from last night. 


Cate Blanchett won Best Actress for her performance in Blue Jasmine. She walked down the red carpet and took the Oscar in her stunning Armani Prive dress and Chopard earrings. There were two speeches that I was really inspired by at the Oscars. Hers is one of them. She made a strong statement about women in films: "Films with women as the main characters are not niche, and in fact, they make money!" Not only was she a talented actress, she has a great style and is just a classy inspiring woman.


Jennifer Lawrence looks radiant in her orangy-red Dior couture dress and Neil Lane diamond necklace. Not a surprise given that her contract with Dior was extended. What I am surprised about is, like last year, she tripped again in her floor length dress(!). I love Jennifer Lawrence. She is so real and down to earth. She seems like someone that you can just talk to. With that, I feel for her. It's not easy to walk in sky high heels and tight floor length dress. Perhaps Dior should try a different design for Jennifer Lawrence next year?


Lupita Nyong'O donned a Grecian goddess look in this sky blue drapey Prada gown to her first Oscars. Her Fred Leighton diamond and gold headband added just the right hint of sparkle. She won best supporting actress and delivers a beautiful and emotional speech. She ended by saying "No matter where you come from, your dream is valid." I am looking forward to seeing her next movies.


Anne Hathaway is glistening in her Gucci dress. This silhouette is very similar to the 'controversial' Prada dress that she wore to last year's Oscar. However, this year, the dress is party in the front instead of party at the back like last year. And I have to say this Gucci dress fits her much better than then Prada dress. This dress shimmers in the dark. It was brought to life when she came to present at the stage especially when all lights were on her. It was so surreal to look at.


Charlize Theron won me with her Dior dress and $15mm flawless Harry Winston diamond necklace. I absolutely love the low plunging neckline and the sheer details, both at the straps and the bottom of the dress. Her smokey eyes added the right amount of drama to her all-black look. To me, this is a classic chic red carpet look with a modern twist.

What about you? Which ones are your favorite red carpet looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...