1.22.2014

Borrowing From The Boys



Silk Blouse, Tuxedo Pants, Bag, Sunnies: H&M // Shoes: Audrey Brooke // Jewelry: H&M, Banana Republic

As a child, I grew up as a tomboy. Over the course of time, I still have that tomboy side of me while  becoming increasingly attracted to ladylike stuff -- such as heels and skirts. I am so glad that the fashion world introduced the concept of "androgyny" or "borrowing from the boys". It means I get to be a tomboy again :) I just love the comfort and the effortlessness in tomboy dressing. While I like to dress up; truth be told, I often gravitate towards loose pants and oversize clothes :-D. Today, I am wearing my menswear-inspired blouse partly tucked into my tuxedo pants. This blouse is super long and loose -- which I love -- such a liberating outfit! These pants also have elastic waistband at the back -- which adds extra comfort. Adding some "ladylike" touches, I pair this outfit with cap toe heels and faux-snakeskin clutch. Man, I feel like a W-O-M-A-N in this outfit :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...