1.14.2014

Golden Globes Eye Candy

Like most of us, I swooned over the Golden Globes red carpet last Sunday. Like how could I miss it..! I am glad that some of my favorite shows were nominated ... for example Downton Abbey, The Good Wife, Scandal, House of Cards... you can tell I am such a TV buff...!! But, more importantly, as a fashion aficionado, how could I not pay close attention to the red carpet fashion? (right?!) I know you are probably overwhelmed by best dressed lists, but I just can't pass up on sharing my faves from the show. And I also noticed some trends from the show... major thing -- maybe I'll need it when I walk the red carpet one day  :-D

LACES, SEQUINS AND OTHER EMBELLISHMENTS


A classic red carpet choice! I was immediately star struck by Cate Blanchett's Armani Prive dress. This makes me want to watch her movie -- Blue Jasmine -- which is set in San Francisco where I live!! Lizzie Caplain's Pucci dress is totally stunning. It screams Art Deco glamor which I absolutely love. Zoe Saldana -- I just looove her edgy style. And her Prabal Gurung dress -- it's so Zoe -- the floral embellishment, the angular bustier, the sheer asymmetrical hemlines -- love everything about 'em.

THE NOT-SO-LITTLE WHITE DRESS
 

Hailing from Down Under, Margot Robie is the 'it girl' now with her role as Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Her white Gucci dress is glamorous without trying too hard and I absolutely love her chignon -- so chic.  Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta. The high - lo hem  - that's it! - that makes the dress! And Kerry Washington remains elegant when pregnant in her custom Balenciaga dress. It feels like Miss Olivia Pope comes alive in red carpet now...

THE NOT-SO-LITTLE BLACK DRESS



The classic LBD - can't go wrong with these! Emma Roberts in Lanvin -- the neckline -- it's perfection. Also, I love how she pairs it with icy blue statement earrings -- they really pop without being overpowering. Jessica Chastain in Givenchy Haute Couture --- Hollywood Glamour -- don't you think she looks like the modern Rita Hayworth in Gilda. Allison Williams in McQueen. Love the top -- the black and white is a genius touch to a simple lbd.

VIBRANT COLORS


Thanks to the ladies who bring bright colors to the red carpet! Lupita Nyong'o is so stunning with this long cape gown from Ralph Lauren. I fell in love immediately when I saw it. I really think she is rising to be the 'it' girl in the fashion world. And she's wearing orangy-red color -- which is THE trend now and something I want in my closet :-) Drew Barrymore - another one best dressed in maternity. Her Monique L'Huillier dress shows first signs of Spring which I cannot wait for. Sandra Bullock's rainbowy-cotton-candy colors in her Prabal Gurung dress gives me happy feelings. And Taylor Swift is donning an all grown-up ladylike gown by Carolina Herrera. I think she made an excellent choice...oh and I also love Magenta. That's it! Thanks for reading. I hope you like my little blurp on the Golden Globes red carpet fashion. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...