2.04.2014

Dreaming Haute Couture

We are only 2 days away from New York Fashion Week. While I can't wait for Spring, I am already excited to see what the Fall 2014 collection will bring. Meanwhile, I am still dreaming haute couture here. I wanted to share with you what I think are the best of haute couture. Sure there are fabulous fabulous fabulous minimalist haute couture pieces out there. However, I picked the ones that I think give off that w-o-w factor, which is absolutely necessary especially if I get to drop humungous amount of $ for haute couture. I group them by major trends that I see in the runway. I am curious if any of these trends will eventually show up in my and your Spring 2014 (or 2015?) closet :)

--------------- DRAPE IT LIKE IT'S HAUTE ---------------

I am absolutely enamored by the haute couture draping. Yes, we know that the 'leg' dress which was made popular by Angelina Jolie a while ago is here to stay. As shown below, the drape is now also to be found in other spots where they've also got quite a powerful effect. I love how flattering drapes are. It's amazing what they can do to a dress.

 Valentino

Zuhair Murad

Alexandre Vauthier

 Vionnet

Giambatistta Valli

Schiaparelli

 Vionnet

Atelier Versace

 Dior


--------------- SHINE YOUR LIGHT ON ME ---------------

I see quite a bit of bright reflective, shiny metalic fabric in the runway... and they come in different hues ... and I must say I really really love 'em.  They have that 'glow in the dark' effect. They have such 'dreamy' and 'ethereal' feel. To me, they make the dress come to life. Who's not 'enlightened' by this?

 Bouchra Jahrar

 Vionnet

 Dior

 Atelier Versace

Vionnet

 Elie Saab

Chanel

 Schiaparelli


------ SHEER ME UP ------

Sheer is here to stay! I get how the transparent look is perfect for Spring especially when the temperature is just warming up. Not sure how I feel about this. I feel like it's been here quite a while... isn't it time to make way for another groundbreaking trend. However, I am all about showing some skin but not too much skin. Sheer totally creates that sexy mysterious aura. Point is -- should look like a lady without looking like a tramp...

Dior

 Armani Prive

 Valentino

 Chanel

 Zuhair Murad

 Valentino


--------------- BEAD LOVER ---------------

Yes, after all, what's haute couture without handmade intricate beadings. I am a big fan of beaded dresses of the Art Deco era. I swooned over these dresses because they revive that glamorous era. I assume we are still recovering from the Great Gatsby effect... which is fine for me... bring on the party baby!

 Armani Prive

Valentino

 Atelier Versace

 Armani Prive

Chanel

 Zuhair Murad


------ HI-LO EFFECT ------

Another trend that I find has a little overstayed the runway...although I admit I had to take another close look before I made up my mind. It seems the hi-lo effect is getting a makeover this Spring. It has transformed into asymmetrical hemlines in a variety of shapes and forms which makes it more interesting. It immediately makes me think of that 'skort' -- which seems to be the 'it' trend now. At any rate, I am all about playing with proportion. Excited to incorporate this new-ish trend in my closet :)

 Dior

Ulyana Sergeenko

 Giambattista Valli

 Atelier Versace

 Viktor & Rolf

Dior 

Images are sourced from Style.com

This is it! I know I know this post is longer than the ones I normally do. I was going to write a short spill about the haute couture but I realized there are so many beautiful pieces. It also takes several visual pictures to illustrate a trend...I hope you find some helpful nuggets of information here. If you'd like to see more of my picks of haute couture, check out my Pinterest board  :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...